Sunday, December 21, 2008

VEGETARIANISM rules

If you look on the Xanga featured page, you will see a blog called "Why Vegetarianism/Veganism is Bad" . In this post, vegetarians and vegans are insulted to the core.

I've been vegetarian for the past four year. You can ask my doctor and he will tell you that I'm one of the healthiest person he's ever met.

However, in the other post, the author wrote “I tried to be a vegetarian for a week during one of my cutting phases just to see how my body would respond and whether or not I would lose fat faster. Not only did I not lose fat during this week, I was hungry after every 2 hours. This was due to the fact that my body was without protein, since there are only so many calories and nutrients in lettuce and apples. "

Well, if he had actually taken the time to do research on the subject of vegetarianism, he would have learned that there are actually supplements and proteins we can take to keep in shape. Also, vegetarian food has double the protein and half of the calories that your normal meat does, so don't tell me that I'm lacking proteins.

The author also quoted "Vegetarians who refuse to eat meat because of the animal rights are pieces of shit who don't know what the hell they are talking about."

Well, I may be a piece of shit, but I certainly am not the one walking around insulting people. Also, since when did having a different point of view than yours qualify as enough to make someone a piece of shit who doesn't know what they're talking about? Just because they don't think like you, doesn't mean that they're wrong.

"Vegetarianism is just a way for these liberals and animal rights activists to have something to cry and feel special about."

Really? I thought I was vegetarian because:

1. Vegetarian meat cost less than actual meat. That way, I get to spend less money on food and have more money for things like entertainment, oh, and giving money to people in need. Every 3 second, a child dies of starvation everywhere in the world. Surely, the fact that I'll pay less for my food so I can provide others with some food of their own is enough to make me a terrible person.

2. It takes 78 calories of fossil fuel to produce 1 calorie of beef protein, however, it only takes 1 calorie of fossil fuel to produce 1 calorie of soybeans.

3. A lot of my family members were killed by heart attacks, diabetes and cholesterol problem. I don't want to take the chance. Now, since studies have shown that vegetarian people tend to have about 41% less chance of having an heart attack than people who eat meat, 50% less chance of having diabetes than people who eat meat... (I don't know the statistic for the difference that vegetarian have when it comes to their chances of having cholesterol problems, but you can look them up.), I'm figuring that becoming vegetarian is better for my health.

4. 80% of food poisoning is due to infected meat. I don't want food poisoning.

5. The amount of water used to produce 10 lbs of steak is almost equivalent to the average consumption of water for an entire household for an entire year.

That's not all. There are many other reasons why it would not be such a bad thing to become vegetarian.

Obviously, being a meat eater wouldn't be so bad either. I know a lot of smart, considerate, amazing people who eat meat and I refuse to say that they're making bad choice just because they don't make the same choice as I do, however, I would like people to stop insulting me simply because of what I eat.

I have to deal with people insulting me because of my vegetarianism EVERY DAY of my life. It's getting annoying. Seriously, give it up.

Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008

http://www.xanga.com/Atomic_emmcee/685688921/vegetarianism-rules.html#firstcomment

No comments:

Post a Comment